Creative Okanagan is dedicated to helping young performers within the Okanagan valley. The Play It UP! Artist development program is here to help develop youth performing artists within the Central Okanagan. It is an opportunity to explore and grow as performers outside of school, post-secondary or traditional lessons. During the program participants will have opportunities to network amongst themselves and facilitators, to build relationships within the entertainment industry. There will be multiple session’s that will focus on gaining confidence and building a performance. Facilitators will include the Okanagan’s very own Ben Klick, Tommy Thisdale, Erin Scott, Karma Lacoff, and others still to be confirmed.
Up to twelve participants will be accepted into the program.
- There will be seven sessions in the program
- Each session will be about 2 – 3.5 hours
- Some sessions may run back to back on a weekend, if this is what works for participants
- In the form below we request information on availability to schedule based on participants availability to the best of our ability
- Up two sessions will include more significant performance aspects, likely with one during Culture Days. Participants will be encouraged to invite their networks to these performances. Exact details will be determined with the participants.
- Mentorship time will be allocated to each participant in addition to the sessions.
The cost of the program is $140. The selected participants will be invoiced after having the schedule confirmed.
This program is possible through a grant from the Central Okanagan Foundation with the support of the Arts Council of the Central Okanagan.
We have up to four scholarships or bursaries available to accepted applicants . Please fill in the related section to be considered.
Application deadline is Wednesday September 11th, 2019 at Midnight.