Why have a Music Strategy?
The purpose of the Music Strategy is to advance the sustainability of the music industry in the Central Okanagan through:
- Connecting people with similar interests, towards collective action;
- Developing community support toward music;
- Increasing support to live music;
- Creating an understanding of the current music landscape; and
- Setting priorities for the future development of music in the Central Okanagan.
The process to develop the Music Strategy will span two years and follow the timeline below.
Are you passionate about music in our community? Do you want to get involved in a meaningful way?
Creative Okanagan, in partnership with a group of community stakeholders (Leadership Ensemble), is leading the process of developing a Central Okanagan Music Strategy. This strategy will advance the sustainability of the music industry in our region.
The Leadership Ensemble will work with a group of like-minded community members with a variety of expertise in the music industry who are the Advisory Group.
Members of the Advisory Group are:
- Passionate about the advancement of music in Kelowna;
- Articulate visionaries with demonstrated experience in the creative sector;
- Current knowledge of Kelowna’s music landscape;
- Prepared to serve as an individual rather than a representative of a group or organization;
- An active and engaged community champion for the creative sector in Kelowna; and
- A strategic, big picture thinker who has a willingness to seek out new approaches and fresh ideas for the future.
For more information on the criteria, scope of work and time commitment, check out the MusicStrategy _ Advisory Group Terms of Reference.
The Advisory Group will be announced shortly!