Inside the Festival Artist Development Program Application
Creative Okanagan and the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival are partnering for the third time to provide an opportunity for an emerging artist or group from our region. Artist(s) performing music within the genres of roots and blues, who live in the Okanagan (including the Shuswap/North Thompson) can apply to participate in the program. The program will consist of:
- Meeting with Creative Okanagan Creative Director prior to the festival to do a performance review, go over what to expect at the festival, and to consider performance opportunity details.
- Performance opportunities: One Thursday night during the club crawl, one workshop and one record tent or outreach event set.
- Back stage passes to for the festival weekend.
- Meet with Roots & Blues Artistic Director during the festival.
- Assistance connecting with media by Creative Okanagan staff or board member at the festival (as determined by Creative Okanagan and Roots & Blues).
- $500 honorarium.
- Accommodations for band members (one hotel room or festival camping spot)
- Artist or band must perform music stemming from the roots and/or blues traditions. Refer to the festival line-up to see if your music genre is a fit, you may be surprised!
- Music performed may be primarily covers. Quality of performance will be primary selection criteria.
- Members must have been residents of the Okanagan (includes Shuswap/North Thompson) for one year (same boundaries as the Okanagan Regional Library)
- Artist or group has not previously been hired to play the Roots & Blues Festival.
- Required to submit a brief statement on goals as a musician and a CV including recent activities as a musician (tours/shows/albums/digital activities/website link).
- Applicant(s) must be a musician capable of playing a fourty-minute set in a professional manner, this may be a subset of a larger band, acts of all sizes will be considered
- Artists must be available during the duration of the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival, August 16-19, 2018.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at noon.
Selection process: Creative Okanagan will ensure all criteria are met and create a short list to pass on to the Artistic Director of the Roots and Blues Festival.
The information provided in this application will be used to determine placement for your performance within this family-friendly event. All information collected is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you are selected to participate in the event, you will be asked to sign a release form allowing photos, videos and information about you and/or your group to be used in promotional materials.